Saturday 10 August 2013

Happiness

Thought I'd follow suit and do a post on the things that've made me smile this week. It's so nice to have a moment to reflect on the past week.

Image found via Pinterest [source unknown]
> The apple tree in our garden has grown some huge apples. I can't wait until they're ripe so I can make some apple sauce and chutneys. 

> Spending some time with my Mom and sister. We had a nice catch up over a Girly lunch on Tuesday and this weekend we are off to London to see Matilda :)

> Having some housewife time and baking lots of goodies. I've made broccoli and Stilton soup, bread rolls, apricot jam, scones and flapjacks. 

> Watching the bees buzz around the lavender in our front garden. It smells sooo good, I could lie there and watch them day going about their pollenating.

> Luke showing great appreciation for my housewifey hard work when he comes home late after a hard day's work to a bubble bath, dinner on the table and a beer. 

> Catching up with old friends. You know true friends for life are those with whom you can pick up where you left off and years of not seeing each other just does not matter

This weekend is full of meandering round London with my mom and sis,  drinking lots and eating more and watching Matilda :) 
I hope you enjoy your weekend x


5 comments:

  1. Our apple tree has one shriveled little apple on it :( Jealous of your one! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiii! I love opening up a blog and realising I have loads in common with the blogger. Thanks for sending me your link. I write about apples and life too. And a lot about cats.

    :) Pleased to meet you anyway, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bits and pieces all sound so lovely - especially the lavender and some appreciation for house wife time!! I love having the time to bake and cook and nest a bit, I feel just the same when Jonathon comes home. I think we'll reverse it though as we'll both be working full time - a bit of a househusband will start going on I hope! ;)!
    Have a lovely week :) x
    Flora
    www.twowithseven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I love being a housewife, but it is great when Luke decides to do some househusband chores, we make a great team to be honest and he is very well domesticated :) x

      Delete
  4. I wish I will have a tree with apples... I absolutely fall in love with all fruits and when I saw that post it just makes me so hungry. Beautiful apples, like from painted picture, I love it.
    I will stay here for a bit longer so I become a new follower via Bloglovin. Have a nice day
    With love
    Hummingbird Girl

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading your comments and appreciate them all so much! x