Tuesday 24 September 2013

The Liebster Award



Carima at Scrapbook of Allsorts was lovely enough to nominate me. The 'award' is passed onto other bloggers with less than 200 followers, which is a great way to let every get to know each other just that little bit better.

Here are the rules:
1. Mention the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 10 questions
3. Think of 10 new questions to ask the bloggers you nominate.
4. Nominate 10 other blogger who have less than 200 followers and let them know.

And here are my answers to the questions posed by Carima:

1. If you could only get one present for Christmas what would it be? I'm a very unmaterialistic person, so lavish presents never really appeal to me. Something simple like a handmade gift which shows someone's thought, time and effort is what really makes me happy. 

2. What would be your dream job? Honestly? A housewife. Which I know isn’t a job. I love doing housewifey things, but don’t always have the time. So I guess a more realistic dream job would be something like a wedding planner, someone who makes all the wedding stationery, bakes the cakes, and decorates the room. That way I’d get to realise my hobbies and get paid in return!

3. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? I could easily mention hundreds of places here that I have visited and loved – Paris, Toronto, London. But there really is no place like home. I love where we live at the moment, close to friends and family, but only a short drive away from the seaside, the hills, the countryside and the city.

4. What is the one make up product you couldn't live without? Mascara, as I look like a mole without it.

5. Which season is your favourite and why? Always Autumn. I love the ‘inbetween’ seasons like Autumn and Spring, but there is something satisfying about the colder nights and the crisp mornings of Autumn and being able to take comfort in front of the fire with a mug of coco. That said, seeing the birth of little lambs and chicks make me so content.

6. If you could only choose one famous person to always dress like who would it be? I've never really been bothered about trends, and I only dress to flatter my shape and size and what suits me. So without wanting this to be a boring answer, [which I know it is], I would only ever choose to dress as myself :)

7. Why did you start blogging? A couple of years ago I wrote a blog whilst volunteering in Uganda as a way for my family and friends to keep tabs on what I was up to. I enjoyed writing it lots and others said they loved reading it. I then started a scrapbook about 18 months ago as a way to document my life, but it got very time consuming and costly. My boyfriend, Luke, said I should keep a diary or start a blog instead [probably because he was fed up of my ramblings!] so after months of deliberation I did! I find it a great way to spill all my thoughts.

8. If you could give your younger self advice what would it be? Always put yourself first. I wish I could practice what I preach, even now, because I am a sucker for prioritising others which quite often isn't appreciated or reciprocated. I'd never put myself first to the point of being selfish - I like to think I am of a kind giving nature, but throughout my life I have spent much time, money and effort on people who don't even say thank you. This had inevitably led to feelings of sadness, and deflatedness [is that even a word?], but alas, perhaps I'll listen to myself more often!

9. What is your favourite TV show? I'm not a big TV watcher, I always find myself too busy to sit down. However, the must watch programmes on my list are the Bake Off [need I say more?!] and Waterloo Road [sad I know]. I also enjoy watching one off dramas and crime series.

10. What's your favourite quote? Linked to number 8 here, "Respect yourself to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy"

I have nominated 10 bloggers whose blogs I read regularly, to get to know them a little more: 
1. Alice at The Cup and Saucer 
3. Louise at LouLou in Paris
4. Michelle from Life Outside London
5. Rosie from Life's A Cup of Tea 
6. Tilly at Love Tilly
7. Annie at Apple Toothpaste
8. Helen at Treasure Every Moment
9. Becca Louisa at Becca Louisa
10. Holly at Crumpets and Tea

And my questions for you are:
1. Tell us your most prominent memory of your childhood.
2. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
3. What or who inspires you?
4. Favourite book to read?
5. Cats or dogs?
6. What have you learnt the most about blogging?
7. If you had £10 and had to make a meal for 4, what would you buy and cook?
8. What's your ideal way to spend a Sunday?
9. What motto do you live by, if any?
10. What are you favourite blogs to read? 

Please let me know in the comments if you'll be taking part :)


.     



3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for tagging me! My answers will be up soon :) Holly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SO much for the nomination! :) I will post it up at the weekend. Rosie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers, really enjoyed reading. xx

    http://scrapbookofallsorts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading your comments and appreciate them all so much! x