Monday 21 October 2013

Weekend Highlights


  •         Luke coming home with a bunch of flowers on Friday. For no reason. They are lovely and injected a little summer back into the house now all the rain has come. The picture above was taken from Pinterest, if only I was that good at flower arranging
  •           Getting the great news that an old friend gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Sadly, they live up in Scotland now so it’ll be a while ‘til I get a munch
  •          Being very proactive and getting ALL my Christmas shopping done. I am so proud with myself. I decided what I was buying everyone months ago so Luke and I took a trip down to Bicester Village and bought everything :) I might even wrap them all next weekend. It will certainly save the stress when the German Christmas market comes to Birmingham and it’s impossible to get out of the office door.
  •      Having another homely day on Saturday and making lots of things to stock up for when the snow comes. Thai green and red curry pastes, lots of soup and I also made homemade coleslaw, which tastes SO much better than shop bought.
  •     The wondrous invention that is peanut butter icecream. But after noting the amount of rubbish pummelled into the shop bought varieties, Luke and I made our own. Chocolate ice-cream (most likely with the same about of rubbish in it by hey ho), with lumps of crunchy peanut butter and Nutella mixed through, then put back in the freezer so the Nutella hardens. Absolute delight in a bowl.
image found via Pinterest





1 comment:

  1. You've got all your Christmas shopping done already? I am so impressed! I haven't even begun to think about doing mine.

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading your comments and appreciate them all so much! x