Sunday 3 November 2013

A Tuesday surprise

I haven't posted for over a week as I have been otherwise occupied with work, housework, shopping for and sending first aid kits to Uganda, christmas shopping, pumpkin carving and generic house work and cooking. 

But I thought my Tuesday surprise deserved a post of its own. 

Here's some background to the surprise:
I have been begging Luke to let us get a puppy for ages. He has said no. I tried to work on his parents too but they weren't convinced. I gave up asking. 

I've also been dropping subtle marriage hints at Luke but to no avail. 

On Tuesday Luke asked if I could walk home from the station after work as he had to work late. Slightly annoyed (it was dark and the weather had suddenly turned cold) I wandered home, did some housework, still no sign of Luke. 

You've perhaps all guessed from the above what happened but I'll share it with you anyway :)

A while later I hear a knock at the door and I go and see a Luke shaped outline through the glass. 

I opened the door and what did he thrust in my face? Nothing other than a tiny working Labrador puppy called Beau. Naturally I cried. Then he tells me to look under his collar and nestled under the puppy's fat rolls was a beautiful sparkly ring. I cried some more. 


Turns out Luke had planned this for some time. And all my hints had just been a barrel of laughs for him. He bought the ring when we were in Toronto in April. I never noticed. I hid it in the loft for months. Him and my soon to be mom in law drove all the way to North Wales on Tuesday to collect Beau. 

I had little time to believe what was happening, phoned family and friends, cleaned up dog wee, trod in dog wee, and cleaned the house for everyone to come round to celebrate. We ate Chinese and drank champagne. 

29 October 2013 is a date I will remember for the rest of my life. And for perfect reasons. 

Here's to planning the perfect wedding, and embarking on my future with my lovely man and his dog x

3 comments:

  1. Awww this is so cute!
    Congrats!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh that is the cutest proposal ever!! Huge congratulations to you both xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, congratulations! That is such a lovely proposal--will Beau be the ring bearer at the wedding? He has prior experience after all xx

    ReplyDelete

I really love reading your comments and appreciate them all so much! x